The following principles apply to the personally identifying information we ask for and that you provide. "Personally identifying information" is information that individually identifies you, such as your name, physical address or email address.
- Data collection
- Furk.net collects limited non-personally identifying information your browser makes available whenever you visit a website. This log information includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. We use this information to operate, develop and improve our services.
- Some of our services require you to register for an account. Furk.net asks you for some personal information in order to create an account (typically your name, email address and a password for your account) and we will use that information to provide the service. For certain services, such as our Premium account, we may request credit card or other payment information which will not be stored by us but maintained by our designated payment processor.
- When we require personally identifying information, we will inform you about the types of information we collect and how we use it. We hope this will help you make an informed decision about sharing your personal information with us.
- Information sharing
We do not rent or sell your personally identifying information to other companies or individuals, unless we have your consent. We may share such information in any of the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent.
- We conclude that we are required by law or have a good faith belief that access, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of Furk.net, its users or the public.
- If you have an account, we may share the information submitted under your account among our other services in order to provide you with a seamless experience and to improve the quality of our services. We will not disclose your account information to other people or non-affiliated companies, except in the limited circumstances described in this Policy or with your consent.
- We will always fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our services for illegal activities. We reserve the exclusive right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be in violation of any applicable laws. We also reserve the exclusive right to release information about users who we believe, in good faith, are in violation of our Terms of Services and/or other policies.
- We may share aggregated information with others. Examples of this include the number of users who used our services or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement.
- We do not rent or sell your personally identifying information to other companies or individuals, unless we have your consent. We may share such information in any of the following limited circumstances:
- Information security
- We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data.
- Furk.net contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices, content or lawfulness of the sites where we link to. You are given notice that when you click on links and/or ad banners that take you to third-party web sites, you will be subject to their privacy policies. While we support the protection of privacy on the Internet, we cannot be held legally or morally responsible for the actions of these third party websites. We respectfully advise you to carefully read the posted privacy statement when interacting with any web site.
- Changes to this Policy